Friday, September 3, 2010

Plovers

The plovers are at it again. What's a plover? It's a swooping bird, like a magpie. All i can say is carry a big stick and wear a stack hat. I didn't understand until i made my nephew take me to see them.


They were a few doors down the road in a vacant block, about 5 or 6 of them just plodding around in the grass. I of course thought nothing of it and told my 10 year old nephew to go closer. He didn't want to but he did it just to show his Aunty (who was by the way, on the other side of the road) exactly what these birds were capable of. Well in a matter of seconds my nephew took off in the fastest pace i think he's ever done and then i saw why....he was being chased by this low flying swooping Plover!!! It was scary and funny all at the same time. Couldn't believe it. I'm staying away from Plovers big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment